Wednesday 3 October 2012

QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR DENTIST BEFORE DENTAL IMPLANT PROCEDURE:


Titanium is an excellent metal that forms a strong bond with jawbone. So, don't be surprised when your dentist recommends them. Here are key questions to pose. Schedule a consul
t when the dentist isn't busy.

1.What other solutions are available?
2.What are the cost differences?
3.What are the functional differences?
4.What happens if nothing is done?
5.Am I a candidate for teeth in an hour?
6.How can I be sure that implants are needed? What's the basis for your diagnosis?
7.Who do you recommend to do the surgery, and why?
8.How much experience have you had with the recommended implantologist?
9.Do you know if the implantologist has a clean malpractice history?
10.Can you recommend more than one surgeon and let me decide?
11.What kind of life cycle can I expect for the types of implants recommended for me?
12.Are implant placement angles a problem in my case? How will you assure correct angulation?
13.Does the standard of care for my case require a 3D cone beam X-ray?
14.Will a CBCT 3D X-ray help guarantee the correct angulations and drilling depths?
15.If the answer is no, would the diagnosis and surgery benefit from a CBCT or will I be wasting money?
16.Can/will you refer me to a CBCT 3D imaging center? What are the choices and tradeoffs among different systems offered by these centers?
!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.